Blog Archive

Saturday, June 18, 2011

It’s Just a Flesh Wound Right?

 This week I had a lot of developments on health.  I had Surgery for a Carpo tunnel release in the left wrist that was hurting me. I was thinking there would be more to the surgery but when it came down to the actual surgery it was ten minutes. I did not feel a thing and I was so enthused I asked the surgeon “when we doing the right Wrist as if we could just do that right there lol?” He wants to see how this turns out first I feel a lot better after 3 days and it is a stinging annoying pain but I can do most things now just not lift things with the hand. Pre surgery was way more difficult than the operation as Sis came to be with me and the nurses supplied me with a mini skirt to wear while waiting for surgery. Sis enjoyed this so much she made calls and thank the gods she did not have a camera phone or endless humiliation galore. I got to sit in the mini skirt with two IV’s in both hands for like an hour that suuucked! 
Having Sis there was good and I am Thankful she made it up to babysit me for the day. After the Surgery was done we immediately proceeded to the nearest Starbucks. I also introduced her to Pita pit and the awesomeness of that good place to eat.  We made it back to my house to start a Movie marathon and I sat in a little bit of misery. Sis got all the joys of being a guest as Phil made sure he got his ten cents in. HISSSS!!!  Phil is a jerk like that always telling the house guests off might have to put him down so I can get married we shall see? Sis was way helpful and as the night led on I started to get nauseous it sucked but oh well. I got tired around 10 ish so I went back to bed which was uncomfortable with the raised arm but I managed. I had to get up a few times and Sis was on the floor crossways on the floor I was worried the first time thru I was going to kick her in the head lol. I left a Light on from that point on as I knew would be up again and sure enough at 4 am I was up in pain so I Iced took some pills and Phil got to flop all over me in Cat Joy for a half hour. I am sure sis did not get a lot of sleep I kept waking up and demanding things. The next day I felt better so Sis went home and I was visited from friends which was good.
Mayo Appointment earlier in the week was the best appointment I have ever been on. The Doctors actually talk to each other I have been to Iowa City for over a year. Never once was a referral in house spoken to just notes that did not help them. Mayo Approach is amazing in and I feel like I will be able to recover now. The word Hope came back to mind as they targeted exactly what I was going there without really have to tell them. My current state as of two weeks ago I finally broke the Aphonic State (that means no voice) I am able to speak a little. I have a lot of fatigue and things to work thru but things are getting a little better. All the work at Speech Pathology finally provided positive results. Now I have an Organic Tremor in my throat that both, UNI and Mayo are concerned about. Mayo is sending me to Neurologist’s and a new Psychiatrist that specializes in issues with Dysphonia and will be able to check the meds I am currently on to see if that has any effect with the tremor. This makes me feel a lot more normal and less uneasy with my condition.  I also have an issue with my current psychiatrist as he is not helping with the drugs he is prescribing.
My Aunt Kenner came and picked me up and took me to Mayo for the second time. Thanks a millions for coming all this way to go to the appointments. On our first adventure we discovered a wonderful Bar and Grill called the” Canadian Honker” had a great lunch and discovered the Best damn Cheese Curds I have ever had. I get the shakes just thinking about how awesome they really are. This trip we agreed to get some of those to go with Coffee from Caribou which is Yum too. So while waiting on Cheese Heavenly Curds I saw
they sold Tee shirts so I bought Kenner one. It is awesome Kenner was way happy I bought it. She resisted the temptation of the Cheese with only eating 5 or 6 of them lol, But I gorged out so it was all good. Our next trip will be way early on July 5th which is going to be hard for Kenner to get up here but I thank her and love her much for going with me.
The Future is looking like a return to work as of July and some less discomfort with my voice and other issues. I still have a long way to go on therapy and getting my head at peace. I know that I have family and friends to lean on for support. I also have come out of the darkness with a new outlook on things that are exciting to me and I am hoping exciting to some others too. I am reading and learning new things about how to cope with things better. I am going to try to get my work schedule changed a little so I can do the peer center and activities there to keep in check. It is easier when you are around people who are battling things to relate and feel less like an alien. I want to see some people more often and they know who they are. I hope the wrist starts to feel better as it will help with playing piano a lot it was really painful. I would like to find a teacher for lessons again and learn more maybe find a vocal coach see if I can get my voice back into shape. Kenner is always saying she wants me to sing again. 

Soon it will be football season can’t wait to see if the Hawks are going to rebound. In theory they should be middle of the pack this year but a winning program is infectious. I went to Hangover 2 recently I would say it has funny moments but I felt the timing was not as good as the first movie. I also think that the person I went with should go to more events with me it was fun.  I also need to get back on the walking trails try to keep the weight down. I also got news that I might be housing Solomon and Simone the wonder cats for a little bit.  Phil is going to be happy to see Solomon but he is not going to be gleeful about the return of the devil Simone.  Good tidings to all until I right again……

No comments:

Post a Comment