Blog Archive

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Adventure Land! Wave.

Adventureland Park in peril what ever will we do..
This last Saturday the Snow finally crossed the line. I can tolerate it warping my deck I can tolerate having to shovel it to get anywhere but when it attacks the “meca of Fun, It’s on” so apparently the white villain was so fat that it caused a roof to collapse. The collapse cause a fire in the Gift and toy shop that spread to the Bingo building and the arcade.
The Bingo House is the only place in the park with air conditioning and prizes. Then we get to the worst of it Damage to the arcade and to set air hockey table where many a game had been played (holds back tears) UGG. When I heard this I was immediately brought back to all the fond memories I have had at that place.
Starting at the beginning my very first trip was in 7th grade on a band trip so we played something in the courtyard poorly I am sure. After we were done and put away instruments we got to run free with no adults for hours and hours.
 My best friend and I headed straight for the Dragon I did not want to ride it at all he was like let’s go. I got on reluctantly and then as were making the climb I shut my eyes close in terror. My friend who was the instigator to get on this contraption says something rather odd “I want to get off” I keep my eyes closed and said we can’t get off now he says “there are stairs right there I want to get off” I say “what stairs?” he says “the stairs right beside me” and starts shaking the seat. I open my eyes not wanting to and then wham we are going down and then upside down and it was over. The first thing my friend says as we get back to the loading bay is “let’s do it again that was so much fun” we rode the dragon 16 times that day.
I do recommend if you go with relatives bring friends. Never sit with a close relative you are better off sitting alone. The time that I went with my Mother I made a fatal error I will never forget. So Ma and I are standing in front of the tornado and yep I am telling her that she does not have to go but she has made up her mind she is going. I wish the next part was not true but I can not get the image or pain out of my mind. So now we are at the line and I go to the front OH YEAH coaster junkie and for some odd reason my Mother gets beside me.  Now we are climbing for the big drop and I look at Mom and tell her it will be fun. We get to the top and away we go and I hear my name and then I am in pain. Why am I in pain because My mother is biting my ARM.  I was in shock did not know what to say do I did manage to throw in the “I tried to tell you did not have to come” but alas I will never forget that trip to Adventureland.
So the tip is try to find the little bits of Joy and life will be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment